1. Emailmovers Ltd (United Kingdom)("we","us") are the owner of
The 5mins Business Directory website and
own all rights, including the sites' respective intelectual property, copyrights
and trademarks. We are a limited company, registered with Companies House in England
and Wales, with registration number 05046417. We are registered with the Information
Commissioner's Office in the United Kingdom as a Data Controller and Data Processor
under the trading name Emailmovers Ltd, with registration number Z9714386.
(collectively to be called "the sites"):
- www.5mins.co.uk - The 5mins
3. We are committed to protecting the security of the data that hold about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data and preferences are handled
and maintained in a secure and data-protection compliant environment at all times.
All web sites will use security features. Data transfer will use secure, encrypted
4. We are required to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the Privacy
and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR) and the Electronic
EU Regulations 2011. From May/2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 replace the DPA. The new EU ePrivacy regulations,
when they becomes law, will replace PECR. If you wish to find out more, please visit
the UK Information Commissioner's Office website at https://ico.org.uk.
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
5. This notice discloses how we process, manage, use and protect the personal data
6. We will only use or share your personal information in a manner that is in accordance
with this Privacy Notice, and as stated at registration or when you update your
profile or change your preferences. A brief privacy statement is prominently displayed
at the bottom of the page as part of the registration process on the sites. A link
to the current Privacy Notice is included.
Collection of Your Personal Data
7. We collect personal data when you register your business, updating your profile
or express your preferences. We also collate data from other sources including Companies
House, call centres, third parties, online resources and data in the public domain.
The data is collected and processed on the lawful basis of "Legitimate Interests"
for "direct marketing". This basis is mentioned in the text of the GDPR under Article
6 and Recital 47. Registration is required to benefit from any of the services we
offer on the site. Browsing or using the business directory search facility does
such usage in the footer of this page.
8. We may collect the following information on you:
- Your name
- Your title
- Your job role and function
- Your contact email
- Your contact phone number
- Demographic and classification information about the business
- Your business address and postcode
you are connecting from
reported by the browser you are using
- Your preferences to receive further marketing communications from us and our selected
partners via various different media
Use of Your Personal Information
9. We use your personal information collected via the modes listed in (2) and (7)
above, and subject to your expressed preferences, to:
- Populate your listing on The
5mins Business Directory
- Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- Provide you with a more personalised, targeted service
- Conduct market research
- Pass on your details to selected companies which provide you with other offers
and promotions of interest to you
- Help other companies segment and extend their databases
- Facilitate communication between yourself and others
- For analysis purposes or to build data products. In these instances, the information
is aggregated and anonymised wherever possible in line with the Information Commissioner's
code of practice. These products are of a marketing nature.
- Select you for any of the above marketing using the geographic, demographic and
classification data you provide, along with analysis of your interaction with emails
we may send to you, including opening the emails and clicking on links within them.
(Note: The ICO do not regard this as profiling.)
10. We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors that
will process data on our behalf (in which case we will remain responsible for ensuring
the data processor complies with this policy and all current data protection regulations).
11. Depending on the preferences that you set up at the time of registration or
subsequently amend, and what personal data we hold about you, we may pass your personal
information to Site Sponsors, Brand Partners or Data Partners (collectively "third
parties") who may contact you by post, email or telephone for direct marketing purposes.
12. Personal data will only be released to third parties on the lawful basis of
legitimate interests for direct marketing in accordance with your preferences recorded
13. You can change or update your communication preferences at any time by clicking
on the link provided in the profile registration confirmation email, profile update
confirmation email or invitation to edit your profile email (aka "Profile Link")
you will have received previously from us. If you do not have this, you can email
us at [email protected],
quoting the email address that you registered under. (See other contact details
14. Telephone data will only be released to carefully selected partners where it
has been cleared against the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) and Telephone
Preference Service (TPS) lists (see section 45 below). Note: if
you request a call from one of our sponsors or brand partners this will override
your CTPS / TPS entry.
15. Our business is to match your profile to third party companies that have goods
or services that may be of interest to you. It makes sense for us to ensure that
you only receive offers that are relevant to you and fit within the context of your
business activities and/or Job Role / Function. For example, if you have provided
your Job Role / Function and your preferences indicate you are happy for third parties
to contact you, we will work with third party brand partners to send you business
services tailored to your needs – thus saving you time researching the entire market.
We record Job Roles under the following headings:
- Facilities Management
- Financial Management
- Fleet Management
- General Management
- Health And Safety
- Medical / Scientific
- Military Officer
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Senior Decision Maker
16. The data that we provide to our third parties may be added to the information
that they already hold about you. For example, a car leasing company will check
whether you have been a customer of theirs before. This is to ensure that they provide
the right types of products and services to you.
17. When first contacting you, they always will notify you of the lawful basis under
which they are processing your data. They will also provide a clear and transparent
privacy notice, and provide a means for you to object to such processing.
18. Data sharing in this way allows them to contact you in their own name about
their products, services, promotions and offers, and/or to update their records
for fraud prevention, debt tracing and anti-money-laundering purposes.
19. We share your data with several Brand Partners.
20. Our Brand Partners, both sponsors of the site and particular surveys, may wish
to contact you based on your profile, but will only do so subject to your preferences.
They operate within the following industry sectors (click on a sector for more
- Crop and animal production, hunting and related service activities
- Forestry and logging
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Mining of coal and lignite
- Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas
- Mining of metal ores
- Other mining and quarrying
- Mining support service activities
- Manufacture of food products
- Manufacture of beverages
- Manufacture of tobacco products
- Manufacture of textiles
- Manufacture of wearing apparel
- Manufacture of leather and related products
- Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials
- Manufacture of paper and paper products
- Printing and reproduction of recorded media
- Manufacture of coke and refined petroleum products
- Manufacture of chemicals and chemical products
- Manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals
- Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products
- Manufacture of electrical equipment
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c.
- Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers
- Manufacture of other transport equipment
- Manufacture of furniture
- Other manufacturing
- Repair and installation of machinery and equipment
- Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
- Water collection, treatment and supply
- Waste collection, treatment and disposal activities; materials recovery
- Remediation activities and other waste management services.
- Construction of buildings
- Civil engineering
- Specialised construction activities
- Wholesale and retail trade and repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Wholesale trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Land transport and transport via pipelines
- Water transport
- Air transport
- Warehousing and support activities for transportation
- Postal and courier activities
- Food and beverage service activities
- Publishing activities
- Motion picture, video and television programme production, sound recording and music publishing activities
- Programming and broadcasting activities
- Computer programming, consultancy and related activities
- Information service activities
- Financial service activities, except insurance and pension funding
- Insurance, reinsurance and pension funding, except compulsory social security
- Activities auxiliary to financial services and insurance activities
- Legal and accounting activities
- Activities of head offices; management consultancy activities
- Architectural and engineering activities; technical testing and analysis
- Scientific research and development
- Advertising and market research
- Other professional, scientific and technical activities
- Veterinary activities
- Rental and leasing activities
- Employment activities
- Travel agency, tour operator and other reservation service and related activities
- Security and investigation activities
- Services to buildings and landscape activities
- Office administrative, office support and other business support activities
- Public administration and defence; compulsory social security
- Human health activities
- Residential care activities
- Social work activities without accommodation
- Creative, arts and entertainment activities
- Libraries, archives, museums and other cultural activities
- Gambling and betting activities
- Sports activities and amusement and recreation activities
- Activities of membership organisations
- Repair of computers and personal and household goods
- Other personal service activities
- Activities of households as employers of domestic personnel
- Undifferentiated goods- and services-producing activities of private households for own use
- Activities of extraterritorial organisations and bodies
You are in Control
21. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information
in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to update your profile through an email communication and
form on our website, look for the options that you can express your preferences
for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us or others using your personal information
for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing
our Data Protection Office at [email protected]
quoting the email address that you are registered under.
Sharing with Data Partners
22. Your 'Registration Details' will be shared, by way of either single-use or multiple-use
data licences, with selected Data Partners who may then contact you by email, telephone
or post depending on the preferences that you supplied us at the time of registration
or subsequently. They may also re-license by way of either single-use or multiple-use
data licenses with other third-parties under their own branding. Data Partners include
but are not limited to:
23. We usually only permit Data Partners to use these details to contact you for
a pre-specified limited period. They, like us, are obliged to comply with all relevant
data protection requirements regarding their holding and use of these details including
screening (according to the method used to contact you) against the
TPS, Fax Preference Service (FPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS)
prior to use. Your IP address (see 'Cookies' section 49-52 for more details) will
not be shared with our Data Partners.
24. Participating Data Partners may also use your personal information for the purposes
of fraud prevention, e.g. anti-money-laundering and debt tracing according to their
Branded Surveys on the Site
25. If you take part in a branded Survey on the site, then we will, in addition
to the Registration Details referred to above, provide the Survey Sponsor (who will
be clearly indicated) with your personal information as follows ('Survey Details'):
26. IP address (the unique numbers that identify the computer you are using to participate
in the Survey).
27. Your responses to the Survey and date of response and any other information
specific to the Survey that you are asked to provide.
28. Cookies captured from your use of the Site generally and in completing the Survey.
29. The Survey Sponsor will use your responses and the Registration Details to identify
what future offers, and information about their products and services you may be
interested in, and to contact you by the methods referred to above. We do not place
a specific timeframe on their use of the Registration and Survey Details.
30. Please note as part of the registration process, and completing the relevant
preference boxes, you are agreeing to be contacted by the companies running the
Branded Surveys by the methods referred to above, including by telephone. This will
take preference over any registration that you may have with the
and / or the
of the number you have provided to us or updated with us. It is always your choice
as to whether you want to receive such calls, so if you are registered with the
CTPS and / or the TPS and decide you no longer wish to hear from 5mins, you can
leave the 5mins business directory at any time.
31. If you no longer wish to hear from any of the companies running the Surveys
who have received your personal information, you will need to contact each of them
directly to request this. This also applies to any other preference service you
may have registered with such as the Mailing Preference Service (MPS).
Competitions, prize draws etc
We do not currently run competitions or prize draws on the sites, but reserve the
right to do so in the future as incentives to register and partake in surveys. They
will be clearly marked as either being sponsored by us or a third-party sponsor
('Competition Sponsor'). Your Registration Details, IP address and personal information
that you submit when entering the competition will be used to administer the competition
and as follows:
32. If you entered a prize draw which is sponsored by us, this personal information
may be shared with our Data Partners.
33. Some prize draws could have additional provisions for how your personal information
is used. Please ensure you read the particular terms and conditions for each prize
draw before taking part in those prize draw.
Opting In / Opting Out
34. The new data protection regulations stipulate that you should be in control
of the use of your data. We have long believed in this, and developed our profile
registration and update centre way back in 2008. This is why at all stages we offer
you the option of Opting In or Out of receiving marketing communications from ourselves
and our various partners.
35. At profile registration / update stage we are migrating from a single tick box
covering all usage to a matrix giving you control over channel (email, postal, telephone)
and system (5mins Business Directory, 1st Party Marketing (Emailmovers Ltd), Third
Party Marketing). At any time you may opt out of everything, or visit your preference
page to change your preferences.
36. By selecting "Yes" in any preference box, you acknowledge that you have read
email, and through social media platforms from [Site] and third parties in the sectors
with your expressed preferences. Your personal data may be made available for anti-fraud
and tracing purposes.
37. Every time you visit the website, use the service or provide us with information,
you are accepting the policies, terms and conditions and practices described in
38. You may change your preferences at any time via the
"Profile Link", or via email to
[email protected] or [email protected]
once you are registered.
39. Third-party providers are able to send you communications via email, post, SMS
or telephone only until such time as you exercise your right to opt out of receiving
such communications. However please be aware that marketing campaigns are often
planned well in advance. Your changes will be accepted immediately, but may not
be effective immediately.
40. In addition, Website Sponsors have their own privacy policies and some have
their own opt-in statements. It is strongly recommended that you read and understand
Opting Out – Additional Information
41. You can unsubscribe or opt out from any communications from our scheme or any
third-party brand at any time as indicated above, but you may also wish to consider
the following for a more general Opt-Out.
- Opting Out – Postal Contact
You can register your wish to not receive unsolicited postal marketing from anyone
by adding your details to the Mail Preference Service (MPS). For more details please
go to www.mpsonline.org.uk.
- Opting Out – E-mail or SMS (text message) Contact
You can unsubscribe from receiving e-mail or SMS marketing communications from any
individual third-party by using the instructions in any email communication such
third-party sends you (usually an 'unsubscribe' or 'STOP' link).
- Opting Out – Telephone calls to a personal number
To register your wish to not receive unsolicited live or automated sales or marketing
calls from anyone, you can add your number to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS)
which is maintained at www.tpsonline.org.uk.
This service is for personal numbers. If you have registered a residential number
or a number belonging to a sole trader or (except in Scotland) partnership, you
do not need to renew.
- Opting Out – Telephone calls to a corporate number
To register your wish to not receive unsolicited live or automated sales or marketing
calls from anyone to a corporate subscriber number, please visit the Corporate Telephone
Preference Service (CTPS) at www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatiscorporatetps.html. You need
to renew your registration on the CTPS annually.
- s Opting Out – Social Media
You can configure your advertising preferences on social media such as Facebook,
Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube by accessing your settings or preference
options on the relevant social media platform.
Data Safety Outside the European Union
42. You should be aware that some external data processors may be based outside
the European Union, whose laws provide a different standard of protection than that
provided under English law. We will not release your data to a non-EU country processor
without performing proper due diligence as to the standards of data protection within
the specified country and proof of compliance with the standards of UK Data Protection
Law and other relevant legislation. Such requirements will be part of a formal and
legally binding Data Processing agreement.
The increased accountability demanded by the new EU General Data Protection Regulations
is dictating that such agreements are being re-visited to ensure compliance.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
43. We store all data collected in a secure data centre in an encrypted environment
and only for as long as is necessary. However, despite our best efforts the Internet
is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send
to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or
others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
The UK data and privacy regulations give you certain rights in relation to your
personal data. Under chapter 3 of the GDPR, you have the following rights. Not all
rights apply to all lawful bases for processing.
- The right to be informed that your personal data is being processed, by whom and
on what basis.
- The right of access to the personal data held (eg Subject Access Request).
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- The right to erasure of personal data.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to processing of personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling based on personal
Please note: For legal reasons, if you have opted-out of our services, we need
to indefinitely retain enough of your personal information to ensure that this is
respected. This is provided for in the regulations.
44. If you would like to amend or delete details or contact us in relation to the
above, please contact us using the information above.
IP Address / Cookies
45. We automatically record your IP address and the web page you visited if you
are using the service's website. This helps with fraud prevention.
46. Cookies are used to increase your security, not infringe on your privacy. Cookies
are needed to monitor, facilitate, administer and optimise the website and service
for users and to earmark any possible technical issues that may arise within the
website or the service. We may use your IP address to help identify you, tend to
any difficulties and to gather demographic and profile information. We also use
the 'cookies' to collect information about your online activity on our website,
such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct
on our website.
47. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your web browser
setting to decline cookies. If you choose to do this, you may not be able to avail
yourself of some or all of the functionalities that the website or the service may
48. The type of cookies that we use on our sites are:
Essential site cookies
These cookies are an essential part of the technology used to run our sites.
These cookies allow our sites to collect information about how visitors use the
website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number
of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages
they visited. Google has information on their privacy policies here
Access to your personal information
49. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you
under the governing data protection legislation. Before 25/May/2018, when GDPR becomes
enforceable, we are entitled to charge a small fee for this, but we have never done
so and do not intend to start. Under GDPR we are required provide this free. The
have some useful advice to guide you in this on their web page "ICO // For the public // Personal information".
If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you please write
to us at the address above, including enough information to identify
yourself, including the email address you are registered under.
50. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete,
please write to or email us as soon as possible, at address above.
We will promptly endeavour to correct any information found to be incorrect.
contact us at the address above.
Changes to this Policy
52. Please see "Changes to this Data Privacy Notice" above.